Saturday, April 10, 2010

Picnic begins … (Friday Night)

I completed my work in office and left for Krish’s home @ Aundh. For the first time I uncomfortably shared a 6 seater rickshaw from Wakad fata to Brihman Chowk were
Krish would pick me up. It had cost me 15/- INR. I waited for few minutes and njoyed the view around, beautiful girls all around. Soon Krish came on his bike and we left for his home.
In the mean time, Swapnil was busy in shifting his home @ Dange Chowk. Me and Krish spent couple of hours exchanging movies, talking about plans etc., Then we left for Swapnil’s home by 7 pm.

We dropped our bags @ his home and we got a call from Mumbai friends (Yogi, Sandy and Abhi) that they are reaching Pune. We also had to place an order for dinner and drinks. So, me, Tayade and Krish went out from his Maruti 800. There was a huge confusion as to whether the Mumbai guys have reached the Dange Chowk or the ADITYA BIRLA HOSPITAL. So we were waiting in Swapnil’s Maruti 800 for our friends. After spending a lot of time, we realized our friends have lost their way and that we should not waste n e time further to place an order for dinner. Else we will have to starve all night.

So we set out in search of non veg hotel. Luckily we found one. Placed an order. Got some drinks and we got a call from friends, that they have reached Aditya Birla Hospital. We Asked them to wait

..And sped our way back to the Aditya birla hospital after taking the drinks. Soon, we found, Sandesh and Abhijit on one side of the road and yogesh with the quails on the other side. I was waiving my hand @ yogi. But he could not see us. But Sandesh spot us and he gave us a shout. Actually he wanted to pee badly . Soon we signaled the driver to come on this side of the road, where we had halted.
Look @ the situation now, the quails and the driver who did not know the route thereafter parked in front of us … .and swapnil and our maruti were behind him. We spent few more minutes yelling @ each other directing as to how to go, which lane to pick up etc., After sometime, Swapnil signaled to the driver to wait, we drove in front of him and asked him to follow us.

Within next few minutes we reached Swapnil’s new home, and all heaved relief as we stepped into his home. Sandesh heaved a a huge relief as he had to pee urgently !

Then all of us took turns inspecting Swapnil’s new home. We were all in praises for his house. In the forefront was Yogi! In this inspection even the driver joined us and we were not comfortable with him around.
We had brought separate dinner for him, we gave him food. Now was the most difficult task – who will tell the driver to go downstairs and sleep in his quails? I was brave and finished the task smoothly. Soon he went down.
And we all started chatting, discussing, laughing. We had a lots of fun. Yogesh entertained us a lot. Swapnil’s brother – Nikhil was of great help to him in giving us that homely treatment. We started our dinner.
The cork was opened and the vodka shots were prepared by Swapnil. Only yogesh had to do away with Cold drink as he does not drink. We munched on the chicken and several dishes. Of them all the best was the onion salad
That comes with Chicken Tandoor and the most spiciest item was Chicken kaali meerch! Mi and Yogesh were panting and sweating. Phew !!! … I was finding it difficult to swallow down VODKA (Raspberry flavor)…it sucks !
And quickly the vodka started showing its effect, I was feeling heavy and sleepy. But I could not ignore my lovely CHICKEN … how can i? Somehow I managed myself between conscious and sub conscious state of my mind and
Ate my share of chicken completely. After we all were done eating our dinner, we all settled down in gallery of swapnil’s home. It was mid night and @ 11th floor … i.e., the top most floor of the building, cool breeze was flowing.
Now we all started sharing our experience of new companies which we all recently joined and the progress we made so far and how our previous company was unjust on us. We all took turns and opened our hearts. Then it clicked to someone that lets go on Terrace of the building. We went up, it was dark and cold ….we could see the city lights surrounding us. Besides that only light present @ that time was the moon light. We discussed on serious
Issues like arrange and love marriage on terrace. Now everyone was feeling sleepy. We signed off from terrace and came back to his home. Beds were layed and we all slept very soon …. And we slept like babies. Before sleeping, ABHIJIT said in his coarse, stern voice: - “Mi udya lavkar uthnar aani lavkar uthavnar!” (I will get up early and will wake u guys also!) He was confident, that he will be able to do so. I also joined him saying even I will get up early morning @ 6 am. But deep down I knew, I cannot ….so I set my alarm in the mobile and slept. We all retired from our mauj masti by around 3 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment